Here is a step by step how to guide to help you write effective ads that will convert the reader into a real prospect or client. It is not rocket science but because of the amount of ads on those websites, yours will need to be punchy, clear and detailed in order to reach your audience.
The headline’s job is to sell the ad. When I say “sell the ad” what I mean is that the headline convinces the reader that you have something to say – that they should continue reading the rest of the ad.
Because of this there is one cardinal rule when writing any ad copy.
Your headline must grab attention!
Period. End of story.
Some people use sensational headlines with no relationship to their offer to grab attention. That approach may work in the short term, but damages your integrity in the long run. Honesty is always the best policy.
The last thing you want is disappointment when someone arrives at your website. So my advice is to avoid the temptation to hype up the headline thinking that will help. It will often hurt, not help.
Here are a few tips for writing headlines…
- Begin with an action word
- Create curiosity
- Ask a question
- Make a startling statement
- Ask for the reader’s opinion
There are many ways to craft a winning headline. I hope these help you get going.
- A less impressive title: VERY FRIENDLY LABRADOR 4 SALE CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- In this case, the capital letters create the impression that the advertiser is “screaming” at you, which seems a little unprofessional. While it also suggests that the Labrador is very friendly, the misspelling of the dog’s breed and the excessive exclamation points suggest immaturity and maybe even irresponsibility, which can lead to the potential buyer wondering if the dog has been well cared for. Moreover, adding the word “cheap” automatically diminishes the worth of the pet, which is most certainly not the message you’re looking to get across.
- A positive and welcoming title: Friendly, Beautiful Guinea Pig for Sale!
- In this second instance, the overall impression of the advertiser is that he or she is sensible and intelligent enough to spell correctly and restrained enough to take good care of a pet. The title catches your attention, but doesn’t create the desperateness that the first title suggests.
Ways to Advertise Puppies for Sale
First, you have to get the word out that you have puppies available.
- Place an ad in you local newspaper.
- Place your ad on petdelico free classifieds website
- Post a flier on your vet’s bulletin board.
- Post a flier at local pet supply shops and feed stores.
- Advertise in breed magazines.
A word about selling puppies online; it’s actually better to avoid this practice. You really want to meet your buyers in person and see how they interact with the pups before you agree to sell to them.